In ancient Buddhist teachings, burning incense is regarded as an action that honored the triple gems of Buddhism, the Buddha, the Dharma, and the Sangha. It is also a necessary step toward becoming a real Buddhist. The burning of the incense also symbolizes the burning of impurities within yourself and bringing out the real you lying within. The lotus symbol will have you clear-headed even before the meditation begins and will enlighten you further when combined with the incense. In other texts, burning incense is considered a way to free the environment of negative energies.
How does Incense Burning Help with Buddhism and Meditation Practices?
🙏Incense is frequently burned in Buddhist rites and spiritual activities to honor the Triratna, or Triple Gem of Buddhism, which consists of "the Buddha, the Dharma, and the Sangha." In fact, declaring dedication to these three is one of the most important steps toward becoming a true Buddhist. From a spiritual standpoint, the fragrant smoke produced by incense burning teaches the importance of burning away undesirable aspects inside oneself to expose the pure self within.
🙏According to Science Daily, many religious groups believe that burning incense is beneficial to one's soul. Now, biologists have discovered that it is also beneficial to our brains.
🙏burning frankincense (resin from the Boswellia plant) triggers poorly understood ion channels in the brain to ease anxiety or sadness, according to a multinational team of scientists comprising researchers from Johns Hopkins University and the Hebrew University in Jerusalem. This means that a brand-new class of antidepressants and anxiety medications could be right around the corner.
Place the incense cone in the center. Make sure that the pointy end of the cone is pointing up. This is crucial, as it will ensure that the smoke from the incense falls down into the water and creates a waterfall effect.
Once the incense cone is in place, light it with a match or lighter. Hold the flame to the tip of the cone until it ignites. At this step, ensure you check the incense tip. There should be a small glowing ember and smoke coming out of the bottom. If not, re-light the incense and check again after a minute.
Blow out the flame or any traces of the flame gently. Look for the flame on the incense tip. If a small bright ember appears and smoke begins to emerge from the bottom, the incense has been properly lit. If you're not sure, wait a minute or two before checking again.
Once the incense is lit, place the container on a heat-resistant surface and enjoy the amazing smell of the incense as it wafts through the waterfall! Ensure that you keep an eye on the incense, as it will eventually burn out. When this happens, simply dispose of the cone and start again from step one.
Now, sit back and enjoy the waterfall of smoke that the incense creates.
Delicate and ravishing, the Lotus represents purity, rebirth, and getting through tough times. Just like the flower itself, the Lotus symbol is embodied with the strength to go past the mud and water, and then elegantly emerge from the depth. That is a capability that can be replicated in life - there will always be tough, murky times, but everything eventually resolves.
Lotus will remind you to have faith and persevere, as hardships do not last forever. Enlightenment awaits and you should just remain patient and resilient. Both subtle and strong, this symbol is a contradiction, reminding us that compassion and emotional intensity are not a sign of weakness.
The Lotus provides a minimum of four blessings as follows:
- Help to get through tough times while living by good virtues, our hearts will open and blossom.
- Help personal progress while reaching spiritual enlightenment
- Boosts your self-confidence while reminding you to persevere
- Remain patient and resilient
- Item Type: Incense Burner
- Size: 5.9*6.9in (15cm*17.5cm)
- Material: Yixing clay
- Color: Colorful, White
- Cone Incense Material: Wood, Pollen
- Cone Size: 0.39*0.98 inches (1*2.5cm)
- Burning Time: about 10 minutes
- Quantity: 50 cones per pack (Random mix scents)
- Scents: Sandalwood, Lily, Carnation, Osmanthus, Mint, Lavender, Cape Jasmine, Rose, Ocean, Wormwood
- Package: 1*Incense Burner （Without Incense and incense holder）
1. Products are made of natural materials, please take off the product when you are ready to sleep or wash.
2. The above data is manual measurement, there is a slight deviation, please understand!
3. The materials used in all our products are naturally environmentally friendly.
4. These products are HANDMADE and NATURAL, therefore they may present some irregularities and due to lighting effects, the color may slightly vary from the one shown in the picture.