How do I take care of my jewelry?
Tips on Caring for Jewelry
Because of the delicate nature of jewelry, any damage caused by wear and tear will not be replaced. Please follow these guidelines listed below to ensure your jewelry will not be damaged.
- 1.Keep it dry: Getting jewelry wet is always bad. It can lead to cracks, a lack of shine, and water stains. Therefore, always remove your jewelry before swimming, showering or bathing or cleaning with household chemicals.
- 2.Keep it away from chemicals: This might seem obvious, but you can find harmful chemicals in lotions, perfumes and hairspray. Keep your jewelry away from these products.
- 3.Put it on last: To avoid chemicals, put your jewelry on last and take it off first.
- 4.Do not expose leather jewelry to water or any form of moisture, and always make sure your plated jewelry is dry prior to storing—moisture leads to natural tarnish.
- 5.Know when to take it off: Most people know to take their jewelry off before they go to bed, but forget to remove it when swimming, gardening, cleaning and playing sports.